luni, 14 aprilie 2014

Writing Process. O leapșă

First of all, I have to thank Ruxandra Cesereanu for inviting me to join this game.
She wrote about her writing process in her blog here - http://mesmeeacuttita.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/writing-process/
I also invited three writers & bloggers who will answer next Monday:
- Rita Chirian: http://ritachirian.blogspot.ro/
- Veronica D. Niculescu: http://veronica-niculescu.blogspot.ro/
- Claudiu Komartin: http://unanotimpinberceni.blogspot.ro/

Here are my answers.

Writing Process



1) What am I working on?

I am working on a book composed of poems and short diary-like entries – both obsessed with suicide. The provisional title is Dear Suicide, but I am also positive that in the end it will sound completely different. Despite its rather gloomy title, I hope that it will be a humorous, even comical (or at least serio-comical) book. 

2) How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Well, this book originates in the real event of my father's suicide – and, as far as I know, no one else has written about it. J Now, trying to give a more serious answer, I'd say that what differentiates it from other „suicidal” books is this hopefully seri-comic mixture of gloom and humour, which I always thought is more convincing when one speaks about bleak topics (as suicide is usually and misconceivingly considered). (See Cioran's peculiar humour when he writes about suicide, for example.)

3) Why do I write what I do?

Because I am self-centered and egotistical, there's no doubt about it. I can only write about what matters for my private ego; if I'd like to flatter my cultural psyche, I'd say that I am a post-confessional who understands literature as both rough individuation & endless intertextuality. (Or endless individuation & rough intertextuality – which is quite the same.)

4) How does your writing process work?

I have no idea. I simply sit down and write, in the past two or three years with my son Sebastian complaining that he wants the laptop for his games – which are of course more important than my senseless typing. So, again, my writing is egotistical & interested in my own private games. I only hope that Sebastian will eventually forgive me for it.


0 comentarii:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Statistici

  ©Radu Vancu - Sebastian în vis - Template by Dicas Blogger.

SUS